Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Roasted Green Beans

Hello again! This is such a simple "recipe." I put it in quotations because I never measure when it comes to roasted vegetables. They are so easy and always delicious. I would say roasting is probably the way I cook most vegetables, and especially green beans. 

Okay, so step one to roasting green beans: Blanch them! If you need a refresher on how to blanch green beans, read this. After blanching and drying, you will have a beautiful pan of green beans like this one:


Okay so next, remove the towel unless you want it to catch on fire in your oven. I don't, so I always remove the towel. :-) Is it bad that now all I can think of is this:  


Anyway...next drizzle those green beans with some olive oil (probably 1-2 Tablespoons) then sprinkle with whatever seasonings you like. I was using Asian flavors in the rest of my meal, so I seasoned my green beans with salt, white pepper, garlic powder, and ground ginger. I would have definitely tossed some sesame seeds on there if my kids weren't eating, but they don't get sesame seeds. I forgot to take a picture of the precooked seasoned green beans, so let's just pretend that the ones above are seasoned. 

I like roasting vegetables at a fairly high temperature. My favorite part are the charred, brown edges that come from roasting. I roast my green beans at 425 degrees. I start checking them around 10 minutes, give the pan a shake and a stir, then back in the oven until they are as done as you like them, usually 5 more minutes or so. 

When they come out they look like this: 


Yum! These are delicious eaten straight from the pan with your fingers! Not that I ever do that...

We had these delicious green beans with rice and soy brown sugar chicken. (The chicken was also very tasty. I used this recipe but with chicken breasts instead.)


I saw Molly Yeh make this delicious looking sesame sauce on the Food Network the other day, and I've been dying to try it! It was super easy to make and both the green beans and chicken were delicious dunked in it. 



My kids love these green beans, which is just wonderful. My 6-year-old had 3 helpings! The almost 4-year-old enjoyed hers as well...both playing with them and eating. :-) 


I hope you'll try some roasted green beans if you haven't already. If you give these a try, please comment below and let me know if you liked them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment